My blog

Prayer fascinates me. It’s a rich experience. It’s a privilege. I am constantly learning, and wanting to learn more. Here I will share something of my journey with you.

From scripture, from the life of Jesus, and from the saints throughout history, we know that prayer is the foundation for the Christian life and for seeing God’s purposes fulfilled. But we can easily become lethargic with regard to prayer. Or we can develop a sense of self-confidence that says, ‘We can do this on our own’. But reaching the unreached with the Gospel, is a battle, and it is only possible with God’s help, relying on his Spirit to work through us and amongst us. We must pour time, energy and resources into the work of prayer.

Thursday 16 June 2016

Recognising the connection




North Africa
A woman in North Africa, who has come to faith in Christ, said . . .

“I wish people could see what is happening here.  People are being transformed.  People are transforming their communities.  In the end, if someone knows Christ, everyone around them is blessed.  I know for sure the prayers of the people around me, the church and the people I do not know, are the reason behind where I am in my life.”

I was really truck by what this woman said.  She is “sure”, she is convinced, that prayer has played a part in her journey to faith.  She knows that people have been praying for her, and she knows that that’s made a difference – it’s the reason for where she is now in her faith in Christ.

Impacted from afar
She also recognises that people who don’t even know her have prayed for her, and that their prayers have impacted her life.  As people around the world have prayed, even in general ways, for North Africa, and called out to God for His intervention in the lives of men and women, so she has been impacted and today is a believer in Christ.

Power of prayer
This woman recognises the power of prayer.  Do we?  Do we pray for countries and situations around the world really aware of the impact we are having as we co-operate with God and pray according to His will?

Prayer . . .  what a high calling . . .  what an awesome privilege!

Be encouraged.  Go on praying!




No comments:

Post a Comment